16. Chest Press Exercise
This exercise will improve the shoulder flexibility as well as strengthen the serratus anterior. To perform this exercise, you should have a resistance band. Here is the technique:
- Firstly, you anchor the band at your chest level.
- Hold the end of the band in both hands.
- Raise your arms to the chest level and bend the elbow.
- Next, you push straight forward until your elbows get straight.
- Hold it for some seconds and turn back to the starting position.
17. External Rotation
If you want to strengthen your rotator cuff muscles, you should practice external rotation more frequently. It will strengthen the scapular muscles as well as the rotator cuff effectively. Therefore, among the physical therapy exercises for shoulder mentioned in this writing, external rotation is also a great movement for your try:
- Anchor the resistance band in front of you, hold it in your hand.
- Raise your arm and bend your elbow.
- Now you rotate your arm upwards.
- Then you return the beginning position and repeat the exercise.
18. Ball Catching
Another great exercise for shoulder is ball catching, which will improve the core stabilization and scapular. The method is:
- You will need a partner, who throws the ball toward your hands.
- You catch the ball and throw it to the partner.
- The partner catches that ball and throws it to your hand.
- Repeat the exercise until you finish it.
19. Pulling Down
The pulling down exercise works well on the scapular depressors. The practice is shown as here:
- You need to have a resistance band.
- Anchor the band at the high point and hold it in both hands.
- Pull down and keep the elbow, shoulder in the starting position during the exercise.
- You depress the scapula down as far as you can.
- Return to the first position and repeat.
20. Scapular Rotation
This is another physical exercise for shoulder you should do more regularly at home. The technique is:
- You raise your arm at 45-degree angle to your body with facing the thumb forward and at the height of your hand.
- Lift your arm as high as possible and avoid shrugging the shoulders before you return to the beginning position.