35 PHYSICAL THERAPY EXERCISES FOR SHOULDER PAIN
The shoulder is known as a socket joint and a ball that made from the collar bone, shoulder blade, and arm bone. Many ligaments help shoulder move and it is an important joint that allow you move and reach. However, for some reasons, your shoulder might get pain and it can affect your normal life. some causes of shoulder pain are over exercising, overthrowing, having improper posture, stress, your lifestyle, lack of nutrients, etc. In this article, mynewssplash.com will show you top 35 physical therapy exercises for shoulder pain. Hopefully, you will find some helpful treatments for the problems. Now keep reading the article and learn what the exercises are.
Top 35 Effective Physical Therapy Exercises For Shoulder Pain
1. Doorway Stretch
Doorway stretch probably is one of the most useful physical therapy exercises for shoulder pain
and you can follow it as the direction below:
- Firstly, you should warm up the muscles by standing tall and spreading the arms outside.
- Now you grip doorway sides below the height of the shoulder or with your hands.
- Lean forward the doorway until you feel the stretch.
- Straighten your back and shift the weight on the toes.
- Do it and feel the stretch in front of the shoulder.
- Avoid overstretching.
2. Side-Lying Rotation
- Lie down the floor.
- Bend your elbow at 90-degree angle.
- Rest the forearm across the abdomen.
- Now you hold a dumbbell and keep the elbow against the side.
- Raise the dumbbell slowly toward the ceiling.
- Do not rotate the arm if you have a strain.
- Hold the position for some seconds and turn back to the beginning position.
- Down your arm and repeat it.
- Increase the reps if you can.
3. Rowing Exercise
- To do this exercise, you prepare a resistance band.
- Now you get down one knee and the knee opposite the injured arm will be raised.
- Keep the knee and body align, rest the another hand on the raised knee.
- Hold the band with stretching out the arm.
- Pull the elbow toward the body.
- Straighten the back and squeeze the blades of shoulder.
- Your body should be still or you can twist with the arm.
- Turn to the starting position and repeat.
- You can do 10 sets.
4. Flying Exercise
- Stand tall and keep the feet, shoulders wide apart.
- Bend the knees slightly.
- Keep the back straight and bend it forward the waist.
- Each hand holds a weight and extend the arms.
- Raise the arms away from the body.
- Then you squeeze the shoulder blades together.
- Avoid raising the arms over the shoulders.
- Return to the beginning position and repeat it.
5. Lawn Mower Exercise
- Stand straight and keep the feet, shoulder wide apart.
- Put the end of the resistance band under your foot.
- Hold the another end with the another arm and the band is across the body.
- Now you keep the another hand on the hip and bend it slightly.
- Keep the band parallel to the opposite knee.
- Starting like a lawn mower, you straighten and pull the elbow across your body to the outside ribs.
- Relax the shoulder and squeeze their blades together.
- Repeat 10 sets.