How to stop excessive burping naturally – 10 tips
Burping, also called eructation or belching, is one of the ways your body releases excess gas from your stomach.
It is usually accompanied with an odor and at times, a typical sound. The gas inside our stomach might also lead to abdominal cramps and pain that vary in duration and severity.
There are 2 major trigger factors that lead to burping – the poor digestion of foods that may result in a gas overproduction inside the digestive system or swallowing excess air while eating.
Sometimes, burping is associated with an underlying medical disease like celiac disease, lactose intolerance, peptic ulcers, gastritis, fructose malabsorption, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
How To Stop Excessive Burping Naturally – Best Natural Treatments:
Though burping is a natural bodily function, it could be uncomfortable and embarrassing at times. To stop and prevent burping, you should try making use of some simple natural remedies listed down in this article to reduce the overproduction of gas in your stomach.
Quick tips on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home that people should try:
- Reduce your stress level because excessive stress can influence your breathing and can lead to swallowing air.
- Take a brisk walk for ten to fifteen minutes after eating.
- Stop smoking because inhaling cigarette smoke can lead to excessive swallowed air
- If you wear dentures, ensure that they are properly fitted. Poorly adjusted dentures can make you swallow air and chew abnormally.
- Avoid sucking on hard candy
- Do not use straws to drink beverages, especially carbonated drinks.
- Drink beverages slowly so that you will be able to avoid swallowing excessive air
- Avoid talking when you chew and chew your foods thoroughly with your mouth closed.
- Eat food slowly because quick eating can make you swallow excess air, leading to hiccups and burping.
The article today will show people some good tips on how to stop excessive burping that are very useful and easy to apply.
Here are the home remedies you will be able to learn in this entire writing:
- Avoid Gas-Producing Foods
- Holy Basil
- Anise Seeds
- Probiotic Foods
1. Avoid Gas-Producing Foods
This is the first tip on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home that I want to reveal in this entire writing and my readers should learn and make use as soon as possible.
All your efforts to prevent burping would be ineffective if you do not try to avoid consuming gas-producing foods. Foods that are abundant in carbohydrates as well as fats often are the leading causes of gas and should be avoided or restricted for some time. Some of the foods that can lead to excessive gas are:
- Vegetables like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peas, onions, green peppers, cabbage, cucumbers, broccoli asparagus, raw potatoes, and radishes.
- Packaged foods with lactose, such as bread and cereals
- Wheat and wheat bran
- Sugar and sugar substitutes
- Fruits like raw apples, prunes, pears, peaches, apricots, melons, and bananas
- Beans and other legumes
- Milk and other dairy products that contain lactose
- Carbonated drinks, beer and red wine
2. Holy Basil
Another tip on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home that people should try is the use of holy basil.
Its powerful carminative and antispasmodic properties can aid in expelling gas and easing other gastrointestinal discomforts, including indigestion, bloating, and stomach pain. There are 2 simple ways people can try with the support of holy basil to deal with burping at home:
- First, you just need to drink basil tea two or three times on a daily basis. To prepare this herbal tea, steep 1 tsp. of basil leaves in one cup of hot water within about five minutes. Strain the tea and add some honey for more taste before drinking it.
- Alternatively, to prevent belching, you can try chewing four to five holy basil leaves slowly every morning.
Asafetida, also called hing, thanks to its antiflatulent properties, can help in controlling gas formation due to acidity effectively. It also contains antispasmodic properties that can help to reduce stomachaches due to abdominal gas. There are 2 simple ways you can try with the support of asafetida right at your own home:
- First, you just need to use asafetida powder to add to your soups or curries.
- Also, mix a pinch of asafetida in 1 glass of warm water. Consume this solution two or three times per day to achieve the best results as desired.
In fact, this is among the most useful tips on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home without the need for using any type of drugs, pills, or medical interventions that people should not miss!
4. Anise Seeds
Another tip on how to stop excessive burping naturally that I want to reveal in this article is the use of anise seeds. Anise seed contains many components that treat belching and aid digestion. The powerful carminative properties contained in anise seeds can help in reducing bloating and expelling gas buildup in your digestive tract.
A research published in ISRN Pharmaceutics in 2012 highlighted several health benefits of anise, such as gastric protective and muscle relaxant properties. There are two ways for you to make use of anise seeds to reduce burping:
- First, you just need to add one teaspoon of anise seeds (lightly crushed) to one cup of boiling water. Cover the tea, allow it to steep for about five minutes and then strain it. Consume anise tea 2 times per day to achieve the best results.
- Chew half a tsp. of anise seeds to support your digestive system after a meal and help to reduce the production of gas.
Fennel is a traditional remedy that can help to reduce burping as well. Its powerful carminative nature can help to prevent the gas formation and soothe the digestive tract as well as preventing other digestive issues, including heartburn, bloating, and indigestion. Here is how you can make use of fennel to reduce excessive burping naturally:
- First, you can try adding one tsp. of crushed fennel seeds to one cup of hot water. Allow it to steep for about ten minutes, and then strain the tea well. Consume it 2 times per day to achieve the best results as desired.
- Alternatively, you can try chewing a half to one tsp. of fennel seeds (dry-roasted) after consuming a meal to expel gas through your intestinal tract and reduce belching.
Actually, people should try making use of this tip on how to stop excessive burping right from today as it is very simple and cheap.