Banana hair mask: top 12 homemade recipes
The potassium wealthy bananas make it a useful choice for hair care. This fruit helps keep and fixing the natural elasticity of the hair. Additionally, it helps ease dry hair and maintain your hair moisturized. Plus, bananas have vitamin B6, A, E, and C and are loaded with beneficial zinc and iron as well. It is thanks to these ingredients that one banana hair mask may work wonders for the hair. It’s actually a useful deep hair conditioner and acts great to remove itchy scalp together with smooth frizz. In this article, Mynewssplash.com will talk about banana hair mask: top 12 homemade recipes. The writing collected a list of banana hair mask recipes from reliable sources. Keep reading this article to learn more these banana hair mask recipes.
Banana Hair Mask: Top 12 Homemade Recipes You Should Try
1. Coconut Milk, Banana, Coconut Oil And Honey
All of these ingredients in this banana hair mask recipe are very good for your hair. Generally, coconut milk contains antioxidants and fats, which help increase your hair volume and preserve your hair with proteins and oils. Coconut oil contains healthy vitamin E and fatty acids that speed up hair growth and decrease keratin loss – it also contains lauric acid that has antibacterial and antifungal properties, so it’s quite helpful if you have dandruff. Lastly, this recipe uses honey, which is a humectant together with locks moisture in the hair – it also has iron, zinc, sulfur, and B vitamins that promote hair growth. Here are detailed guides to make this banana hair mask at home:
- First of all, cut a banana into many smaller pieces and place them all in one small bowl.
- Add coconut milk (a few tablespoons) with coconut oil (a tablespoon). Also, add some tablespoons of honey and place these ingredients in the blender.
- Blend for around one minute or so, or till you get one smooth paste without banana chunks.
- Then, apply this paste to the dampen hair and now massage for a couple of minutes and cover using a shower cap.
- Finally, wash your hair after 30 minutes.
- You should do this process at least once per week for good results.
2. Honey, Vitamin E & Banana
Banana hair mask is really beneficial for people who are exposed to pollution, dirt and various environmental toxins. If you’re concerned about the brittle hair, you require something containing vitamin E.
To make this mask, what do you need:
- Begin by mashing bananas in one small bowl. Next add honey (a few tablespoons) to the bowl and then add one vitamin E capsule.
- Now mix it well and then apply this paste into the damp hair.
- Begin at the roots and later move towards the ends. You never brush the hair when you are applying this mask.
- Wear one shower cap and use the blow dryer on the hair to make sure all the nutrients penetrate into the hair cuticle.
- Afterwards, wrap your hair in one towel and leave for 30 minutes.
- Remove the towel and thereafter use a shampoo to wash your hair.
- Finally, rinse with very cold water.
3. Honey, Yogurt & Banana
As you know, banana for hair is completely beneficial, but yogurt and honey will act even better to get you shiny, healthy hair in one short time. Particularly, lactic acid present in yogurt will make it a wonderful treatment for your damaged, dry hair – it’s equally effective for the skin.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt
- A tablespoon of milk
- 3 tablespoons of honey
How to Make:
- Add these ingredients to the blender and next blend for a couple of seconds.
- You may add some milk to this and turn it into one liquid form. Then, use this mixture on the freshly washed hair and gently massage with your fingertips for some minutes.
- Wear one plastic cap and allow for 1 hour or so.
- Wash your hair using a shampoo and afterwards condition as well to get smooth, shiny hair.
4. Easy Banana Hair Mask
The banana hair mask is one of the easiest masks. Here are detailed instructions to make it at home:
- Take one ripe and soft banana. Next blend it well to create it into smooth paste. Then, apply the pack to your entire hair and wrap your head using a hot towel or keep a shower cap. Packing the hair with a shower cap or towel helps in retaining the moisture in the hair.
- Allow the mixture on your head for about 20 minutes and finally wash off thoroughly.
Learn more: 8 Natural Homemade Hair Conditioners