6 Brain exercises to improve concentration
All of us have ability to concentrate. Think about the times you are “sucked” by certain activities such as playing sports, playing games, watching movies … It is time to concentrate absolutely. But sometimes, you are neglected by some outside activities or worries. So you are distracted.
Exercises To Improve Concentration – Best Exercises To Implement:
Concentration means ability to focus. It’s not easy to develop concentration because it relates to many factors such as external environment or mindset. As you know, the older you are the more leeway to process information. As you get older, the brain processes information slower. Meanwhile, the most important thing is getting rid of distraction to increase the ability to concentrate. Sometimes, your work is not efficient because you are always interrupted. You should remember that a lot of problems make you get distracted. So fostering your ability to concentrate is very important to complete your job. By practicing 10 to 15 minutes of brain exercises to improve concentration, you can train your mind and increase you concentration. Here are 6 brain exercises to improve your concentration:
- Making A List Of Things To Do
- Feeling About Fruits
- Sharing The Work
- Learning To Focus
1. Making A List Of Things To Do
This is the very first out on the list of best brain exercises to improve concentration that I would like to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use at home just by practicing it more regularly. You make a list of things to do and resolve in order of descending priority because the energy of the first day is higher than the day before. This is also a way to help you not be overwhelmed at the end of the work day. You should put the list somewhere you can see and regularly check the progress of work. This approach will help you focus on the tasks and provides a feeling of success when you complete your work.
This exercise uses a book. You take a book and count the word in a paragraph. After that, you count all of them one more time and you have to sure that all of them are counted correctly. After one paragraph, you do it again and increase the difficulty of this exercise by counting 2 or 3 paragraphs. When you rememberthe paragraph, you try to do it with a whole page. When counting, you use your eyes. You shouldn’t point your fingers at each word. Besides counting words, you may count the number. It may be counted from 1 to 100 and backward. Then you skip each 2 number or you can count odd numbers and even numbers. This is very effective brain exercise to improve concentration that you may learn and practice every day.
3. Feeling About Fruits
You take an orange. You concentrate totally on this orange on your hand. The first thing you should do is feeling its smell. You think about this smell. Then you think about its shape or its sensation giving to you. You should try to get rid of irrelevant thoughts. Allow your mind to keep calm and ignore all of them. After testing the fruit about 2 minutes, you close your eyes. You imagine that you are seeing, smelling and touching the orange. When imagining, try to show the image in your mind clearly. If the image becomes fuzzy, you open your mind in a short time and continue to do the exercise. You may imagine the orange is in your hands or standing on the table. Besides using an orange, you can use any types of fruits that you like. This is actually one out of the most effective and best brain exercise to improve concentration with fruits that people should learn and make use to enhance your ability of concentration.
The first thing you should do is draw a square or a circle in a piece of paper. Then you paint it with any colors you like. After that, you put the paper in front of you and pay attention to it. You concentrate your mind to the paper. Think about the shape and the color of the circle. Don’t stop your attention to the paper using your mind and your eyes. You should avoid thinking to other things that is not related to the paper. Besides, you shouldn’t strain your eyes too much. In fact, this one of the most natural and cheap brain exercise to improve concentration that you should practice without using any expensive machines or supporting devices. Just only with a paper and a color pen, your concentration can be improved. This is one of the most significant brain exercises to improve concentration that you should learn.
5. Sharing The Work
At work or studying, you should split the workload or homework out. Most people lack the patience if they do a work for a long time without efficiency and results. It’s very daunting. In fact, some scientists have proven that our brain can only focus on a limited amount of information in a given time. So the best way to solve the problem of work, you should split it up into small tasks. It’s easier to concentrate than a big problem. It not only helps you relax but also create excitement and joy when passing through the little marks. Sharing the work is the best brain exercise to improve concentration of people.
6. Learning To Focus
This is the last but very important one out of the best brain exercises to improve concentration that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want my readers to learn and make use as soon as possible to enhance your concentration. Just 3-5 minutes every day, you just set your mind to observe. Write down on paper all the ideas, emotions or your mood at that moment. This will help you become familiar with the constant awareness of your mind, to be able to detect even the time you were losing focus. Also, you can do yoga or tai chi breathing to increase the brain’s ability to work, relax, memory and better concentration.
Besides 6 brain exercises to improve concentration that I mentioned above, these are some quick tips to improve concentration:
- Getting enough sleep: People do not have enough time for the rest of them because of the busy life. Moreover, working with a lack of sleep caused you loss focus, especially in the afternoon. You will always have the feeling of fatigue, sleepiness, and lack of concentration at work. So, try to get enough sleep, because during sleep, the brain cells will undergo rehabilitation to be more alert when you wake up.
- Doing exercise: Exercise is not only good for health effects, help lose weight, but also enhance your ability to focus. You can exercise in the morning, afternoon or evening. In particular, the aerobics exercise, jogging or brisk walking outside are very good for improving your ability to concentrate.
- Relaxing: Relaxation is simple but effective way to help you “refresh” all the stresses of life and work, which enhances the focus when doing anything then. So you should go to the park or countryside in your free time to enjoy the peaceful life.
- Having breakfast: Breakfast is very important. It provides most of the energy for your working day. Skipping breakfast, you will feel tired and hard to focus on any task. So, do not ever skip breakfast to replenish energy and maintain maximum concentration.
- Additional food good for the brain: Additional healthy foods not only enhances the ability to focus, but also ensures you a healthy life. Foods like salmon, blueberries Vietnamese fruit, avocados, nuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acid, vitamin B6, B12, E, antioxidants and protein. It is essential for the development and operation of the brain and helps the brain against cognitive impairment, Alzheimer’s disease and prevents dementia.
Learn more: 11 Brain Exercise To Improve Memory