8.Broken Wheat Vegetable Upma
Seeking for the healthy Indian breakfast recipes for kids, you should choose this recipe.
- 1 cup of broken wheat
- ¼ cup of moong dal [Split yellow gram], rinsed, dried, and roasted to golden brown
- 1 onion, large, finely chopped
- 1 inch piece of ginger, finely grated
- Green chilli – 2, slit
- 1 cup of mixed vegetables (Beans, carrots, capsicum)
- ¼ cup of fresh peas
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of Urad dal
- 10 curry leaves – 10
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves
- Salt – to taste
- First of all, roast the cleaned and next broken wheat on the medium flame till slightly warm.
- Roast the washed and dried moong dal till it turns light golden brown.
- In one small pressure cooker, you heat the oil.
- Then, add mustard seeds and leave to those to splutter.
- Now add curry leaves and urad dal and sauté till the dal turns golden.
- After that, add onions, green chillies and ginger and sauté till the onions turn brown.
- Now, add capsicum and then sauté for three more minutes.
- Add other veggies along with peas and then give a quick stir.
- Add moong dal and broken wheat and mix well.
- After that, add water, turmeric powder and necessary salt. Bring it to one boil.
- Cover using a lid and then pressure cook for two whistles.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves and afterwards serve hot with the chutney of your option.
9.Ragi Dry Fruits Porridge
This one is also one of the best Indian breakfast recipes.
- ½ cup of powdered ragi
- 2 cups of water
- Milk – as required
- ½ teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 6 to 8 roasted almonds
- 6 to 8 roasted walnuts
- ½ cup of apples, cut into cubes
- Powdered jaggery – to taste
- First of all, dry roast ragi flour on the medium flame for around 4 minutes to remove its raw flavor.
- Heat water till lukewarm.
- Add water to the ragi flour to create a batter-like mixture.
- Then, place the mixture on low – medium heat. Now stir continuously and cook till this ragi gets a sheen.
- Meanwhile, in one smaller sauce pan, add 1 tablespoon of powdered jaggery to 1 tablespoon of water. Heat till the jaggery starts melting.
- Afterward, filer the melted jaggery water into the ragi and stir till mixture thickens.
- Now, sprinkle cardamom powder. Bring a quick mix and then turn off the heat.
- Thereafter, add milk as needed, mix well, sprinkle fruits and nuts. Serve hot.