6.Whole Wheat Jaggery Crepe- Vella Dosai
In general, this one is also considered as one of the healthy Indian breakfast recipes for kids.
- 1 ½ cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of jaggery
- 2 ½ cups of water
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- Clarified butter – for serving and cooking
- 10 almonds, toasted in clarified butter plus thinly sliced
- In one deep pan, melt jaggery in water (1½ cups) on medium heat. Next filter to discard impurities.
- In one large mixing bowl, put whole wheat flour.
- Add this melted jaggery to water.
- With one wire whisk, mix these ingredients thoroughly to create dosa batter with no lumps.
- You can add more water, if needed to have the batter consistency.
- Preheat one non-stick tawa on the medium heat. Then, brush it with some oil.
- Pour the batter (1/8 cup) onto this tawa on medium flame.
- Spread out like dosa. After that, drizzle clarified butter along with cook for three to four minutes on medium flame or till this bottom side turns golden brown.
- Then, llip the dosa, reduce the flame and now cook for two to three minutes more.
- Serve hot with butter or ghee, toasted almonds, together with freshly sliced fruits.
7.Aloo Paneer Paratha
For the dough
- 1 and 1/2 cups of wheat flour
- Water – sufficient for kneading into the dough
- Salt – to taste
For the filling
- 3 potatoes, medium sized, peeled, cooked, and mashed
- ¾ cup of paneer, crumbled
- 1 onion, medium sized, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- Salt – to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- 1 tablespoon of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Knead this flour with water to create a smooth dough.
- Cover it and then keep aside.
- Heat oil in one kadai.
- Next add cumin seeds and leave them to splutter.
- Add onions and then sauté till it becomes golden brown.
- After that, add red chili powder and also give a quick stir.
- Add paneer and mashed potatoes. Cook for one minute or two.
- Then, add coriander leaves and now mix well.
- Now remove from the heat together with transfer to one plate and cool.
How to proceed:
- First of all, divide the dough into ten equal sized balls.
- Take 1 ball and next immerse in whole wheat flour. Then, roll out into one thick circle.
- Divide this panner aloo mixture into ten equal portions.
- Put one portion at the circle center and then enfold and seal that circle like an envelope.
- Soak the ball into this flour again and then roll out gently into one thick circle.
- Brush one griddle with some oil and heat this on high flame.
- Reduce the heat to medium – high.
- Now place the paratha on this tawa and cook till the bottom portion turns brown spots. Keep turning this paratha, pressing the edges using a spatula to make sure even cooking.
- Apply some oil or clarified butter on the top plus flip over.
- Cook for two more minutes or till the side gets brown spots.
- Now serve hot with mint garlic chutney and curd.